In Sonos version 10.3, we added the following:
- Add podcasts — a guide on how to add podcasts to Sonos. Once you’ve created your SMAPI integration, you can follow the guidelines on this page to add podcasts.
- SMAPI object types — added the podcast object types to this page, including new
mediaMetadata: updated string maximum values, added
- Add programmed radio — Clarified that you can use
notifyUserIntentbut it’s not required for skip enforcement. See the Set up skip enforcement section for details.
playlistsnamespaces — Recommended that you use these two namespaces together if using them. The Sonos app combines the results of these two namespaces in different swimlanes on the “My Sonos” tab. If you don’t use these together, Sonos listeners may think some of their content is missing in your integration.
audioClipnamespace — Audio Clip will work on the upcoming SYMFONISK table lamp with WiFi speaker and SYMFONISK WiFi bookshelf speaker created in collaboration with IKEA in the next software release.
- Error handling — Added a table of default errors to the Default error messages section.
- Control — Added description of
Each household is represented by a
householdIdis stable with one exception. The value will change if players are moved to a different network. For example, if a user moves some players from a household to a different network, the players that were moved will use a different
householdId. If all of the players in a household are moved to a different network, the
householdIdwill remain the same.
groupsnamespace — clarified operation of commands:
When creating or modifying groups, the group info response only includes the list of players in the final group. It doesn’t include a flag to show whether the changes match the original desired group or not. This could lead to partial successes.
Additionally, this command may trigger significant player-to-player communication over the LAN. In some cases, you may not receive a response.
As a best practice, check the final set of players returned by the command, either in the group info response, or by getting a list of players in the group.
- Sonos didn’t send a
groupVolumeevent for volume changes initiated by Airplay. This has been fixed.
- SMAPI sample server — Runs on Java SE Development Kit 8. May not work with other versions of Java.
See Release notes for Sonos software for customer-facing features.