Your app will need to present the listener a way to select which speakers to connect to. Some listeners may have more than one Sonos household available. A Sonos Household is a collection of speakers that can be grouped with each other. Your integration needs to make clear when there’s more than one household available, and help the user understand which one to target.
Display Available Households
If users have multiple households associated with their account, more than one Sonos household may be visible in your app. Your app should:
- Make it clear that many households are available.
- Help the user understand which is which.
- Let the user select the household to control with your integration.
- Connected Home partners: Display a household picker.
- Present the user with a list of available households, if there is more than one.
- Make it obvious which household is which. For example, by showing a sample list of players available in the household.
- Content Service partners: Display a household picker.
- If there is more than one household available, help the user narrow down their target group for playback. For example, show groups in the context of their household.