To create a valid Sonos music service, you must:
- Add the following core set of API requests, with valid success responses and error handling:
- Handle pagination for large lists of content in the content API requests that support it. See Add pagination for details.
- Return defined errors as expected. See error handling for details.
- Use Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) security requirements in your SMAPI implementation. See security for details.
- Handle all valid API calls, even if you don’t support everything that they can do. See the SMAPI reference pages for details.
As a Sonos content service partner, you decide which features to support. If you don’t support a feature, your service must still send a reasonable, expected response. In your response, you can let the user know that your service does not support the requested feature.
Go on to SOAP requests and responses.