If you don’t own or serve content, but want to use your hardware or app to control Sonos speakers, follow the steps below to get started with the Sonos platform.
- Look through our sound experience guidelines. We’ve spent years thinking about how people enjoy sound in the home. These guidelines capture our insights. Use them to design your sound experience.
- Read the features and architecture sections to learn more about the Sonos system and how it can work with your product.
Set up your environment:
- Create a new control integration and credentials to identify your integration on Sonos. See Create client credentials for details.
- Order a Sonos speaker if you don’t already have one.
Read about how to Control Sonos players. See Authorize, Discover, Control, and Subscribe for details.
You signed our terms of service and publisher’s agreement as part of your registration, so you are free to release your Cloud API integration whenever it is ready. You can release an app or device built on the Sonos Sound Platform that isn’t certified as “Works with Sonos”. You’ll want to talk about your integration across any number of media. Digital and print ads, product packaging, and social media are a few common channels. In all of these cases, following a few simple rules is all that we ask.
- Talk about your experience, and specifically how it integrates with Sonos.
- Mention what Sonos components and hardware may be required.
- Say that your app or device is “Compatible with Sonos”.
- Link to the Sonos website if it helps tell your story.
- Use the “Works with Sonos” badge.
- Use the Sonos logo.
- Say or imply any kind of official relationship with Sonos, beyond your integration’s use of our Platform.
Our Works with Sonos program certifies products that seamlessly connect with the Sonos Home Sound System. The badge helps people choose products that meet Sonos’s standards for design and sound. Certified products must follow our sound experience guidelines. This program is by invitation-only.
To get started, create your integration.
See Create client credentials for details.